Last updated: November 1, 2023
Table of Contents
- What Is Personal Information and Non-Personal Information
- When and How Do We Collect Personal Information
- How Do We Use Personal Information
- Use of Personal Information in Direct Marketing
- Where Do We Store Personal Information and International Transfers
- Sharing of Your Personal Information
- Privacy Policies of Linked Third Party Sites
- Protection of Your Personal Information
- Our Policies Regarding Children
- How To Access, Review, Update or Correct Your Personal Information
- What Options Do You Have?
- Our Contact Information
When and How Do We Collect Personal Information.
- The Personal Information we gather from you facilitates us to personalize and improve the Services, and allows our users to set up a user account and profile that can be used to personalize their experience in using the Services. Your Personal Information may be collected by us in a number of ways such as, during your (1) download and use of our mobile applications and web-based applications being managed by us, (2) registration or log-in for games, applications, or subscriptions or our websites, (3) minting, bridging, purchasing, or registering of NFTs, (4) using or connecting a Pixelynx-hosted or third-party digital wallet (“Wallet”) in connection with the Services, through which you may be asked to verify your email address and/or create a username, (5) a license to use in-application virtual currency or virtual items directly from us, (6) billing and financial information necessary to process your charges through the Services or in connection with your Wallet will be collected by us, which may include your email address, (7) requests for customer support or technical service, (8) communications with other registered users on our websites or through the Services, (9) participations in promotional or marketing activities, surveys, and other alerts, and (10) request for services from third party service providers on our websites or the Services (such as, your response to advertisements therein). Depending on the activity in which you are involved, information that we collect from you will vary.
- Wallet Transactions. Pixelynx maintains a record of the transactions your Wallet engages in through the Services (including bids, mints, and purchases). These transactions are connected with your connected wallet’s public key address.
- User-Generated Content. We may also collect content or information that you generate, transmit, or otherwise make available on the Services, including without limitation photos, images, music, videos, comments, questions, messages, and works of authorship, as well as associated metadata (collectively “User-Generated Content”). Metadata includes information on how, when, where and by whom User-Generated Content was collected, created, stored, and how that content has been formatted or edited. Metadata may also include information users can add or can have added to their User-Generated Content, such as keywords, geographical or location information, and other similar data.
- Onchain Content. Users have the opportunity to create personalized profiles or pages for User-Generated Content within the Services, and to display your created or collected art. You can also comment on other creators' NFTs, profiles, or pages. Profiles, pages, comments, and NFTs that you mint are stored onchain, and while we may be able to remove some of this content from our Sites and Services, we cannot edit or delete any information that is stored on a blockchain.
- Cookies and other technical information. When you use the Services, certain technical information is being collected by us to (i) analyze the usage of our sites and services; (ii) provide a more personalized experience; and (iii) manage advertising. We and our service providers use tracking technologies to collect and analyze certain types of technical information, including cookies (i.e. alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer through your web browser to the persistent storage medium (such as your hard drive) of your computer (or other device) to enable your web browser to be recognized by our systems and inform us when and how many users visit our site), device and identifiers, domain names, IP addresses, landing pages, the number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages, platform type, referring and exit pages, URLs, web browser types and language, the amount of time spent on particular Services, Sites, games or applications and the date and time of activity on our Services, sites, applications, or games, and other similar information. In some cases, we will associate this information with your user ID number for our internal use. However, we do not combine the general information collected through cookies with your other Personal Information to inform us your identity or what your email address or screen name is.
- Job Applications. We may post job openings and opportunities on our Services. If you reply to one of these postings by submitting your application, resume and/or cover letter to us, we will collect and use your information to assess your qualifications.
- We may also use other technologies, which include: (i) web beacons (which assist us in determining if a certain page was visited or whether an e-mail was opened); (ii) tracking pixels (which permit us in advertising more efficiently by (a) not serving certain promotional messages to our current users, (b) identifying the source of a new installation or (c) delivering advertisements to you on other websites); and (iii) flash cookies (which help us in preventing fraud, remembering your in-game preferences and speeding up load times).
- We may also use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements on our sites. Our advertising partners, who may set cookies, may deliver advertisements appearing in the Services to users. In addition, our advertisers may use other third-party advertising technology to target advertising in the Services. In the course of serving advertisements to you, a unique third-party cookie or cookies may be placed on your computer. These cookies allow the advertisements server to identify your computer or other device each time they serve you an advertisement to gather information about you or others users who use your computer or device. Advertisement networks will use such information to deliver targeted advertisements that will be of most interest to you.
- When you download and use any of our applications or Services on your mobile device or on a personal computer, we also collect information regarding your in-Services actions, your unique device or user identifier (“UDID”) and country in which the mobile phone or device is registered or located, and may collect your mobile phone number, and other information you choose to provide, such as user name, or e-mail address. When our mobile or web-based applications are used, we also collect information about your mobile device type, operating system, web browser type and IP address.
- For Android subscriptions, you are required to provide us with your email address and consent to let us use your email address to contact you before you can download and use our Services. We use this information in connection with providing our mobile and web-based applications, such as to authenticate you and to communicate with you regarding the Services by push notification, SMS, e-mail, text message or other electronic means to your mobile device.
How Do We Use Personal Information. We may use your Personal Information, Non-Personal Information or aggregate information collected from you in any one or more of the following ways to:
- notify you of new applications, sites, or Services releases or updates;
- communicate with you about the Services;
- operate, maintain and manage the Services;
- solicit feedback and input to improve the Services, including our websites, products, applications, games, and services and personalize your user experience, diagnose problems with our server and develop new product and services;
- track and analyze your and your device’s interactions with our Services to better understand how to improve performance and customer experience;
- measure interest in our Services;
- improve and develop new products and Services;
- ensure quality control;
- comply with applicable laws, regulatory requirements, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- enforce our Terms of Service;
- prevent fraud or potentially illegal, unethical or legally actionable activities, and enforce the relevant terms of service;
- provide technical support and respond to user requests;
- provide advertising and promotional information in connection with the Services, including marketing via email campaigns and notifications within the Services (our marketing will be conducted in accordance with your advertising marketing preferences and as permitted by applicable law);
- provide to government or law enforcement officials to protect our rights and property as well as those of third party and protect the safety of the public or any person; and
- if you consent or do not object to our use of your Personal Information in direct marketing (please see further details in the "Use of Personal Information in Direct Marketing" section below), conduct direct marketing activities, such as sending you offers, promotions, rewards, discounts, events and benefits in relation to the Services and products and services offered by our business partners or third party merchants.
Use of Personal Information in Direct Marketing. From time to time, we may conduct direct marketing of the Services through email, direct mail, telemarketing, fax and/or other form of communication to you. We intend to use your Personal Information for direct marketing carried out by us or one of our business partners or third-party merchants. For the purpose of direct marketing, we shall use your name (including surname and given name), address, telephone number, email address and other information, if any, that you provide to us for offers, promotions, rewards, discounts, events and benefits in relation to the Services and products and services offered by our business partners or third-party merchants. Please note that we may not use or provide your Personal Information to others for direct marketing purposes unless exempted by the relevant regulations or we have received your consent (which includes an indication of no objection). You may indicate your consent to the above by ticking the box(es) indicating your consent contained in the relevant communications. If you do not wish (i) any of your Personal Information to be used in any of the described direct marketing activities, or (ii) to receive from us (a) any promotional and direct marketing materials, (b) any particular types of promotional and direct marketing materials, and/or (c) such materials through any particular means of communication, you can at any time opt-out, free-of-charge, by contacting us at [email protected], following the “opt-out” instructions contained in the relevant communications, or following the instructions in the “What Options Do You Have?” section below.
For more information about the safeguards we use for international transfers of your personal information, please contact us as set forth below. You hereby agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your Personal Information as described in this section.
Sharing of Your Personal Information. In general, we do not sell or rent your Personal Information to other third parties. Your Personal Information is only shared in the following circumstances:
- Advertisers – You have agreed that any of the information we have collected from you (including information you may have decided not to show to other users) may be used by us to choose or allow the advertisers to choose the appropriate audience for their advertisements.
- Affiliated businesses not under our control – A variety of businesses may become affiliated and work closely with us. Through the Services, items may be sold to you by such affiliated businesses, and services or products may also be provided or sold to you by us jointly with such affiliated businesses. You can easily recognize when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction, and your Personal Information that is related to such transactions may be shared with that affiliated business.
- Offers – Our Services may also display offers hosted by third party providers. Such features of the Services may allows NFTs, crypto assets, and virtual currency to be offered to end users by third parties and third party advertisers and in return such user will respond to an advertisement or complete an advertisement offer. Such offers may appear in the Services and be displayed to you based on certain information, such as your demographic information or geographic area. You will leave the site hosted by us or our partners at the time when you click on one of these offers. A unique identifier, such as your user ID number, will be shared with the offer third-party offer provider in order to prevent fraud and properly credit user accounts.
- Profiles of users – We may display your user profile information including your username and other information entered by you (“User Submissions”) to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Services.
- Protection of our rights and those of others – If we believe in good faith that the release of your Personal Information is necessary to comply with the relevant law and regulation, enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements, or protect our rights, property, or safety, or those of our employees, users or others, we may do the same. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Responses to User Submissions – You may receive email and other communication from us relating to your User Submissions as part of the Services. You agree that by posting such User Submissions, you may be receiving email and other communication from us that we determine in our sole discretion relate to your User Submissions.
Privacy Policies of Linked Third Party Sites.
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
Protection of Your Personal Information. We understand the importance of keeping your information secure and safe. We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect, secure, and safeguard your information and to prevent the loss, misuse, destruction and alteration of information under our control. Although we take such measures against possible breaches of the security of our sites and our user records and databases, no method of transmission over website or Internet is completely failproof, and we cannot assume responsibility or liability for unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches in relation to our servers and systems or guarantee the security of user account information. Any transmission of your information to our sites is done at your own risk. After your information is received by us, we have technical, organizational and physical safeguards in place to try to prevent any unauthorized access. You also have to limit access to your computer (or other device) and web browser by logging out after you have finished accessing your account in order to ensure that there is no unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information.
Our Policies Regarding Children. We understand the obligation to protect Personal Information obtained from young children. The Services are not targeted at children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from such children. In the event we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will take all reasonable measures to promptly delete such information from our files and records. Further, we recommend that children over the age of 13 request their parents for permission before transmitting any of their information to anyone over the Internet, and we urge parents to inform their children not to provide their personal information, such as their real names, addresses or phone numbers, without permission, when using the Internet.
How To Access, Review, Update Or Correct Your Personal Information. You have the right to review, update, correct or delete any Personal Information collected and held by us by changing the relevant information through our sites. Should you wish to deactivate your account(s), you may do so by contacting us at [email protected]. We will be glad to review, update, correct or delete the relevant information as appropriate. Your information may still be retained in our files and records for the purpose of enforcing our user agreement, maintaining the security, integrity and operation of our sites and the Services and resolving any disputes.
What Options Do You Have?
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Information as set forth below. Please note that in some circumstances, we may ask you to provide us with additional information in connection with your request. For example, if we need to verify your identity or the nature of your request. In such situations, however, we will still respond to let you know of our decision. Contact us at [email protected] to make any of the following requests:
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Information we hold about you. You can also request a copy of the Personal Information.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. You can also correct some of this information directly by logging into your account. Please contact us as soon as possible upon noticing any such inaccuracy or incompleteness.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the collection or use of your Personal Information for certain purposes.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Information from our systems.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Information.
- Portability: You have the right to ask for a copy of your Personal Information in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another entity where technically feasible.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Information based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Information, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about our practices with respect to your Personal Information with a supervisory authority.